Tuesday, June 22, 2010

FIRST! (Plus: Fifty Questions Answered)

It's taken a month, but I'm finally writing something here on this so-called "weblog", or 'blog' as the kids are calling it. I've been bouncing ideas around in my noggin for the last few weeks, but I'll probably just write about whatever strikes my fancy, so expect a lot of posts on what I'm reading, listening to, thinking about, watching, etc.
Right now, however, as a way of breaking the ice, I will answer fifty questions about myself. I got these from typing "50 Random Questions" into Google and then hitting the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button, so if these seem like I haven't pre-read the questions or haven't thought this through well enough, it's because I haven't, and I haven't.

Where were you three hours ago?
I think I was at my dad's office, waiting to help plant some flowers, but nothing came about from it, so I wound up going home.

Who are you in love with?
No one at the moment (My mind's open for changing, though, ladies ;).

Have you ever eaten a crayon
Thankfully, no.

Is there anything pink within 10 ft. of you?
There's a pink cup right in front of me, and a pink band button on the bookshelf behind me.

When is the last time you went to the mall?
Right after finishing my last exam this year. I bought the the complete series of the U.K. version of The Office, and a cordless razor. I'm going back tomorrow, though.

Are you wearing socks right now?
No.

When was the last time you drove out of town?
Two or three weeks ago when I went to our cottage with my parents.

Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
No. The last movie I went to was Gunless with Paul Gross a few weeks ago. It wasn't very good.

Are you hot?
Do I feel warm? Somewhat.
Am I attractive? That's subjective, really (which many will take as a "no").

What was the last thing you had to drink?
Orange juice.

What are you wearing right now?
Nothing but a leopard print thong (which is code for jeans and a t-shirt).

Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it?
I spray-wash it at a car wash.

Last food that you ate?
A bowl of frozen yogurt.

Where were you at this time last week?
Pissing my time away on a computer, as usual.

Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
No, but I plan to tomorrow.

When is the last time you ran?
About two hours ago.

What's the last sporting event you watched?
Briefly watched: World Cup Soccer, England vs. Algeria
Watched the whole way through: Olympic speedskating with my family.

What is your favourite animal?
Used to be kangaroos; I have no idea what now. I'm a dog-person, so I'll say dogs.

Your dream vaction?
A trip to London, Cardiff, Glasgow, New York, Sydney, Vancouver (I've already been there, but still). Pretty much any big city that's far away from Ottawa.

Last person's house you were in?
Other than my own, I honestly don't know.

Worst injury you've ever had?
I broke my wrist when I was five. I can't remember much about it.

Have you been in love?
That depends on your definition ("WHAT IS LOVE? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more"). I've definitely had crushes on people and been infatuated, but nothing I'd really call "love".

Do you miss anyone right now?
Friends from university and high school that I haven't seen in a little while, be it because of geography, work, etc.

Last play you saw?
I may have seen something more recently, but the latest one I still remember was a high school production of A Chorus Line at Sacred Heart High School.

What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Does a wing and a prayer count?

What are your plans tonight?
I don't have my car, so staying in and doing something.

Who is the last person you sent a Facebook message or comment?
A happy birthday message to someone I met at university.

Next trip you're going to take?
Might be going somewhere in late August, but at this point it's all speculation.

Ever go to camp?
Hockey camp (I didn't like it, if I remember correctly).

Were you an honour role student?
In high school, yes. No Dean's List last year, though.

What do you want to know about the future?
Am I happy? Have I learned anything? Am I successful? (Being a journlaism student, the answer to that last one will probably be a no).

Are you wearing perfume or cologne?
No.

Are you due sometime this year for a doctor's visit?
Yes.

Where is your best friend?
I don't have a best friend, and I won't elaborate further.

Do you have a tan?
I'm as pale as a ghost.

What are you listening to right now?
My iPod just transitioned from "The Tenure Itch" by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart to "The Apocalypse Song" by St. Vincent.

Do you collect anything?
I'll take a band button or a pin whenever possible.

Who is the biggest gossiper you know?
Keith Black. No explanations, just him.

Last time you got pulled over?
I've got a streak going on this one (knock on wood), so never.

Have you ever drank your soda from a straw?
Who hasn't at some point?

What does your last text message say?
I'm pretty sure my phone's in my car, which is gone, so I don't have a clue.

Do you like hot sauce?
No.

Last time you took a shower?
Right after the run I mentioned earlier.

Do you need to do laundry?
Badly.

What is your heritage?
Mostly British, I think, but my maternal grandmother was Welsh. As a result, I know one word of Welsh, which is their word for "quiet." (My nana's catchphrase seemed to be "Let's have some eisht", which is probably misspelled, but I'm going on phonetics here).

Are you someone's best friend?
I'd have to ask, so based on that, I'd hazard a guess at no.

Are you rich?
My parents are fairly well off, middle class people. I, however, am not, and judging from the fact that I'm going into journalism, that will probably remain a fact for at least a little while.

What were you doing at 12AM last night?
I'd just gotten home from work, and was watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Where is the weirdest place you have a mole?
My left pinky. I know, I'm so boring.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog! I am glad you decided on how to approach this! p.s. did we go see Gunless together? I think so but I might be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yeah, we did see Gunless together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love How I Met Your Mother - and we love your honest and humorous responses! Guess who!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to guess that Anonymous is Heather (if I'm wrong, sorry to whoever's posting).

    ReplyDelete